The Pfizer covid vaccine has been approved for ages 6 months and up.
We believe the vaccine is safe and effective, and that the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the risks. We look forward to discussing the current data with our patients and families so that families can be informed in making the decision to vaccinate their children against covid-19.
We have the Moderna covid vaccine which we will offer to patients 6 months - 3 years old during their already scheduled appointments.
Dowd has partnered with VaxinateRx and Healthcare Family Pharmacy to offer Covid vaccines at our practice for our patients for ages 3 years old and up.
Please register at the links below:
Dowd Pediatrics Covid Clinic - These clinics will be held at our office at 107 Woburn St for our current patients. These clinics are for the Pfizer vaccine only.
Reading Public School Covid Vaccine Clinic - These clinics are offered through the Reading Public Schools to current RPS students and will be held at the Killam Elementary School.
- For anyone under the age of 18 a consent form signed by a parent/guardian must be presented in order to receive a vaccine
- Please plan on staying for 15 minutes after being vaccinated (30 minutes for anyone who has had a prior anaphylactic reaction to any medication)
- Vaccination is free for everyone regardless of insurance coverage
- VaxinateRX will be administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine which is currently approved for ages 6 months olds and up
If you have already received the Covid-19 vaccine and need to cancel your VaxinateRX appointment, please do so via your confirmation email/text. Dowd does NOT have access to the schedule to cancel appointments.
- Pediatric vaccines are also currently available at CVS (18 months and up) here and Walgreens (3 years and up) here
- Pediatric vaccines for 6 months and up are available at:
- Other Massachusetts pediatric vaccination sites can be found here