The Pfizer covid vaccine has been approved for ages 5 and up.
We believe the vaccine is safe and effective, and that the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the risks. We look forward to discussing the current data with our patients and families so that families can be informed in making the decision to vaccinate their children against covid-19.
Dowd has partnered with VaxinateRx and Healthcare Family Pharmacy to offer Covid vaccines at our practice for our patients. Clinics will be offered every 3rd Sunday from 8-4pm through at least February 2022.
Please register at the links below:
Dowd Pediatrics Covid Clinic - These clinics will be held at our office at 107 Woburn St for our current patients.
Reading Public School Covid Vaccine Clinic - These clinics are offered through the Reading Public Schools to current RPS students and will be held at the Coolidge Middle School Gymnasium.
- For anyone under the age of 18 a consent form signed by a parent/guardian must be presented in order to receive a vaccine
- Please plan on staying for 15 minutes after being vaccinated (30 minutes for anyone who has had a prior anaphylactic reaction to any medication)
- Vaccination is free for everyone regardless of insurance coverage
- VaxinateRX will be administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine which is currently approved for ages 5 and up
- This is a 2 dose series given at least 3 weeks apart (it is acceptable for the 2nd dose to be given more than 3 weeks later)
- Please register for both a 1st and 2nd dose via the links above
If all dates appear to be booked, please continue to check the above links as dates and times will become available.
If you have already received the Covid-19 vaccine and need to cancel your VaxinateRX appointment, please do so via your confirmation email/text. Dowd does NOT have access to the schedule to cancel appointments.
- Pediatric vaccines are also currently available at CVS here and Walgreens here
- Pediatric vaccines are available at the Lawrence General Family Health Center here
- Other Massachusetts pediatric vaccination sites can be found here
Of note, the flu vaccine and covid vaccine can be given on the same day and there is no need to wait between flu or covid vaccines.