We do have in house rapid covid tests available for our patients!
- These are PCR based tests and are acceptable for school and sports clearance
- Testing availability varies day by day and is based on staffing and available supply - we cannot schedule these tests ahead of time and they must be scheduled same day
- If your child needs to be tested for covid and you would like it to be done here at Dowd, please call the office and we will do our best to accommodate you
Other testing options continue to be available:
- The Stop the Spread Sites (https://www.mass.gov/info-details/stop-the-spread) are free and generally have 24-48 hour turn around times. Lines can be long so get there early.
- Please visit: www.mass.gov/gettested to find a test site near you.
- Testing is available at Winchester Hospital’s Drive through clinic at 8 Presidential Way in Woburn
- This is a send out test with variable turn around times, not a rapid test
- If you would like a test order sent to this site, leave a message with your primary care team and they will let you know when the order has been sent.
Please note: we have no information about whether the test is or is not covered by your insurance or what the costs are.
If your child is sick and you would like to consult with one of our clinicians please call our office as usual.