Starting September 9th, Dr Erik von Hahn, a Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician at Tufts Floating Medical Center, will be hosting a series of discussions for parents of children with disabilities. All seminars take place in the Keating Conference Room at Baldwin Park One, 12 Alfred Street, Woburn.
The introductory seminar will be held on Monday, September 9th, at 7pm. All subsequent seminars will be held at 7pm on the first Monday of the month. Each program will last approximately one hour.
By participating in this program, the goals are that parents will:
- learn to speak clearly with health care and school professionals about their concerns for their child
- gain confidence in teaching the child new skills
- learn when they cannot be their child’s teacher, and when they have to rely upon professional supports to promote their child’s growth and development
The schedule is as follows:
- September 9: Orientation: Who are these seminars for and what are they about?
- October 7: How to work with health care professionals
- November 4: How to work with school professionals
- December 2: How to have fun with your child
- January 6: How to teach your child good sleeping habits
- February 3: How to teach your child good eating habits
- March 2: How to develop a routine and a schedule for your child
- April 6: How to enforce rules at your home (and why)
- May 4: How to help your child build social skills
- June 1: Open topic/ make up time for snow day if needed
Please call our office with any questions about this informative program!