To our patients,
While the pandemic is not over, we are all so thankful to see the rates of coronavirus in our area continue to decrease and the rates of vaccination increase. We continue to take precautions in our office to keep our patients, families and staff safe.
- We, like many medical practices, are utilizing telemedicine visits for visits that can be done safely without the need for an in-person physical exam. These may be acute sick visits as well as many consultative visits such as medication checks.
- If an in-office visit is scheduled, we continue to ask that if at all possible only the patient and one adult be present for this visit.
- We have temporarily divided our rooms so that if you are in the office for a well visit or an injury, you will only be in a room that well patients are seen in, and sick patients are seen in separate spaces.
- All well visits and urgent non-illness visits will be seen in a designated "well room" and will enter through the front door. Rooms will be thoroughly cleaned between patients.
- All sick visits will enter through the rear door and will be seen in a designated "sick room" downstairs that has been physically separated from the rest of the office. The room will be thoroughly cleaned between patients.
- We will shorten our weekday office hours to Monday - Friday 9am - 5:30pm (ie no evening hours). For now, we will continue to have Saturday/Sunday/holiday hours from 9am-12:30pm as usual. Our providers will continue to be on call for all other urgent needs as usual.
WELL VISITS - please enter through the FRONT DOOR ONLY:
- As our waiting room remains closed, please wait in the car on arrival to our office and wait for a phone call from the nursing staff.
- Your nurse will call you when a room is available for you, and direct you to which room proceed to.
- Please note that mask mandates remain in effect for medical facilities, including our office. We ask that all patients and siblings over the age of 2 and accompanying adults wear a mask upon entering our office.
- Please call the office to discuss rescheduling if your child or anyone in your household has had contact with a covid + person, are waiting for pending coronavirus test results, or has any history of symptoms consistent with coronavirus, including:
- Headache (if in combination with other symptoms)
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Fatigue (when in combination with other symptoms)
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (when in combination with other symptoms)
- Cough (not due to a known illness)
- Fever > 100 degree F
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
SICK VISITS FOR ILLNESS - please enter through the REAR DOOR ONLY:
- Call our office as usual for any concerns about your child; please DO NOT GO to urgent care, emergency care or just walk in without calling us first, unless you need to call 911.
- We do have in house testing available for coronavirus, however availability is dependent on daily supply and staffing availability. COVID testing in our office can be scheduled on a same day basis.
- If it is appropriate to have your child seen in our office, we ask that you wait in the car when you arrive. The office will call you to direct you to an assigned room via the BACK DOOR in the upper parking lot to enter the building. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR IF YOU ARE COMING FOR AN ILLNESS VISIT.