Is your preschooler refusing to eat anything other than chicken nuggets? Or would your toddler rather play than eat anything at all?
If your child’s nutrition is a sore topic in your household, you're not alone. Many parents worry about what their children eat, and don't eat. However, most kids get plenty of variety and nutrition in their diets over the course of a week. Until your child's food preferences mature, consider these tips for preventing mealtime battles:
- Low stress environment around meals, offer positive praise for eating new foods
- Continue to offer new foods, while also allowing a preferred food on the plate
- Try to limit the child eating the same foods as much as possible to prevent food jagging
- Pair a liked food with a similar food
- Read books to them about picky eaters “I can’t eat that”, “Daniel tries new foods”